PC LAN Analyst
BCforward is seeking a highly skilled PC LAN Analyst - Eden Prairie, MN.
Job Title: PC LAN Analyst
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Duration: Contract to Hire
Entrepreneurial but established company is looking to add a PC/LAN Analyst I. In this role you will maintain and improve uptime on a network that utilizes windows-based PC, LAN Interfaces, Wi-Fi Access Points, and cellular wireless technology to establish a Virtual Private Network on firewall devices to a hosted Datacenter. A background as PC Support II and as a Jr Network would be ideal.
If you are a smart, independent, diligent person and are looking to join a collaborative, creative, small but growing international company where you will see an immediate impact of your efforts then keep reading. The culture is high energy and positive where accountability and results are the focus of our efforts.
What Else Will You Do?
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve communication equipment problems
- Create service request tickets in vendor systems for onsite service support and monitor through problem resolution and closure
- Monitor kiosk network, including kiosk hardware, firewall devices, wireless modems, host firewall, database servers, and supporting servers in the data center
- Procure and configure modems and firewall devices, including updating firmware and software
- Configure and activate VPN Tunnels between the kiosk and the data center
- Stage and test refurbished kiosk hardware and prepare it for deployment to customer sites
- Identify problem areas with communications and recommend improvements to increase uptime
- Remotely support on-site 3rd Party onsite support engineers and armored carrier personnel
- Update SNMP systems, database servers, and based systems and documents
- Process equipment IMAC (Installation, Move, Add, Change) orders through various systems
Education, Experience and Other Skills:
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing windows PC, support calls and remote diagnosis
- Junior Network Admin
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills, a solid foundation in business application development and a 'can do' attitude
- Must be able to develop formal business documents following established documentation/presentation software packages (or similar products from other vendors): MS-Word, MS-Excel-, MS-PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in the company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress
- Ability to work independently
- Ability travel with limited overnights
- Ability to work independently
Contact Name: Hari Vembadi
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. BCForward's headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India, and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCForward's team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 135588 when responding to this ad.