PC Refresh Technician
Duration: 3 month contract to Hire
Location: Lynchburg (will be driving roughly 85% of the time)
Top Skill Requirements:
1.) Basic PC/MS Office background - this positions is entry level, so any kind of studying/certification/degree with experience in MS office
2.) Clean background and driving record - this role goes through State Police background check, fingerprints and they need a spotless driving record via DMV (driving roughly 85% of the time)
3.) Can lift 50 pounds, reliable, punctual and can follow road-map instructions
About the Client and Day to Day:
- Team Size: 27 people total; 19 refresh techs and 5 disposal techs
- Tech's must use personal car and keep track of mileage per day (Core Technologies aims to keep within a 90 mile radius); need to keep track of mileage and will be re-imbursed
- For this role, over-night stays are rate, but if it is required, the hotel will be covered on the front end and Tech's will be able to be re-imbursed up to $25 for dinner that evening
- Need VITA fingerprints and backgrounds back before can start; will run VSP state check within 30 days of starting and must also pass that.
- This work is considered 'essential' and is on-site, no remote work.
- Parking: For refresh techs it is encouraged to use free street parking and only approve garage parking as a last resort with a limit of $9.00 per day
**Day to day duties**
Techs get to site at 8am, hit roads (pre-planned route across areas of state for the agencies) and is back by 5pm. While on-site at agencies - get to site, open up excel spreadsheet with PC list, go to agencies and scan PC assets, conduct refresh work and troubleshoot any issues on-site.
• Complete multiple refreshes on a daily basis with strong attention to detail • Provide exceptional customer service while working in a fast-paced environment • Provide technical support for clients • Document actions and solutions performed with client • Check packing slip and other delivery data against initial order and received asset tracking worksheet to verify received goods are correct and complete • Stage equipment at respective user locations throughout target site per plan • Backup all local user profile(s) data and local settings • Assign assets to individuals and record location data for users in the initial phase of the process, track Asset Tag, Model Number, Serial Number and assigned User throughout entire process • De-install legacy equipment and aggregate into predefined staging areas for collection by Asset Disposal team • Install new equipment and verify connectivity and functionality. Check asset tag, serial number, user name and location data matches plan • Restore backed up data and user profile(s) to new device • Validate user experience post migration with onsite support for transition, localization and basic support • Support disposal of assets; remove assets from service and stage for shipment to or pickup by disposal vendor • Verify received devices have correct image and application/setting overlays for each End User • Includes base image and all required supporting software overlays • Required patches/updates • Domain registration/Active Directory configuration and GPO deployment where applicable
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.