ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, is a leading solutions integrator focused on using information and technology to solve real world problems for the Federal, state, and local Government organizations we serve. Our Information Solutions, Professional Services, and Information Assurance experts apply the latest technologies and industry methodologies to project management, analytical, personnel training and force structure, healthcare, and education challenges. ASM has a strong track record for 35 years of commitment to our clients' missions that has repeatedly produced extraordinary results.
ASM Research in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for a junior system engineer to provide tier 3 technical support across a multi-disciplined, large enterprise IT service contract remediating vulnerabilities.
- Work with facility owners to configure and deploy computers using SCCM OSD.
- Transfer user profiles from current PC to new PC.
- Add and remove PC's from inventory.
- Assist in providing technical inputs to various system engineering processes including PKI, two factor authentication, Security information and event management
- Assist in developing and implementing installation plans.
- Contribute and support teams in developing application and technical plans
- Identifies requirements and deficiencies in hardware and software products.
- Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Stays up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Evaluates new hardware and software technologies.
- Function collaboratively as part of a large 400+ person team in a fast-paced, customer oriented environment.
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 2-4 years of network engineering support and\or systems engineering support experience in large enterprise systems desired
- Exceptional reliability specific to attendance and timeliness required
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to capture clear and concise notes
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision. Good at managing and prioritizing and multitasking for himself/herself.
- Hands-on experience in hardware/software repair/ troubleshooting Windows hosting environment.
- A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to be granted access to classified information.
- The work schedule for this position varies based on client project schedules and requires periodic overnight travel. The position typically works 40 hours per week with 10-50%+ of hours outside normal business hours. Travel 10-30%. Normal business hours are 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
Desired but not required for the position
- Experience with
- Service Now (Ticketing System)
- IBM Endpoint Manager Web Reporting
- Information Security Role-Based Training
- SCCM OSD