• Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
• Performs PWB design (placement, stack-up, routing, drawing generation) under the guidance of an Electrical Digital CCA Engineer.
• Processes new part requests by generating a representative PWB cell and merging it with the electrical engineer’s schematic symbol into the central parts database.
• Interfaces with ERP system to drive drawing and bill of material (BOM) releases/changes.
• Works with quality department on dispositioning PWB supplier variances.
• Works with local IT on Electrical Engineering design suite tool maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience OR a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
• Experience working with IPC standards and specifications.
• Experience with dielectric material and DFM considerations for designing a stack-up.
• Experience working with signal integrity factors such as referencing, trace geometries, and tuning.
• Understanding of copper plane sizing for current/voltage drop requirements.
• Understanding of PWB DFM limitations such as copper width/spacing, aspect ratio, solder mask registration, and via pad allowance.
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Xpedition tool suite. Experience with Cadence Allegro as well is a plus.
• Able to work with a team of engineers and designers to generate product solutions.