Position: PHP Developer
Duration: Full Time - Direct Hire
Location: Alpharetta, GA
OUR CLIENT is looking for an experienced PHP Software Developer to add to our growing development team. You will be working in a flexible atmosphere with a small energetic team of developers where input matters and is taken directly into account for influencing projects. We take each development team members' suggestions and ideas into consideration in determining the ultimate direction of our projects.
Our team works in a fast-paced production environment in the automotive industry where new tasks and projects are added daily. Our team is filled with critical out-of-the-box thinkers who use their own unique backgrounds to address challenges presented by our company needs. We evolve to meet the changing needs of our unique target audience allowing for creativity and implementation of new technologies and ideas.
All development will be done in a LAMP environment.
What you will be doing:
* Developing optimized PHP code from scratch using the Laravel framework
* Developing front end user interfaces using HTML and CSS, along with AJAX functionality that is cross browser and mobile compatible.
* Proficiently writing MySQL queries and structuring databases in an efficient, optimize manner.
* Analyzing existing systems to effectively improve the current functionality while also receiving input from the current users.
* Effectively documenting all coding work performed on existing and new systems being worked on.
* Following industry best-practices such as source control, self-documenting code and error-free quality control.
* Working on a multi-server environment where data being read and written will be distributed across multiple servers within multiple datacenters.
* Working independently on assigned tasks but also collaborating in a team environment for broader functionality and vision.
* Meeting with fellow team members and managers on ongoing or new projects during the different development cycles.
* Effectively planning and executing milestones for the different projects given.
You should have the following background:
* A minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience, including a demonstrated understanding of software design patterns and principles and the ability to create enterprise-grade solutions.
* Experience with Laravel 5.0 is required
* Expert knowledge of PHP, MySQL.
* Experience with Source Control Systems (GIT strongly preferred)
* Experience with Test Driven development.
* Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated.
* Experience working in an Agile team strongly preferred.
* Experience with Amazon AWS and cloud architecture principles is preferred.
* Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment best practices is preferred.
* Experience with Mobile friendly designing is a plus.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.