TEKsystems is partnering with a company in Greenville, SC looking for a PHP developer. Company is looking to bring on a PHP Developer to join their team. They are responsible for working on their internal and customer facing applications. Their internal application, Maverick which is a home-grown system that supports their customers. They are continuing to expand and grow this application based on business needs and customer requests. This application does everything for Company - time management, CRM, provisioning for products remotely, anything they need they build in this application. It is constantly changing as business changing and as the needs change. They integrate with third party systems such as PayPal, UPS, and FedEx.
Will then work with existing PHP code to add new features and make changes based on what the user has requested. Their job is to ask the right questions and dig into the requirements to then propose the appropriate solution. They run their deployments in 3 week Sprints so they are a semi-Agile environment. The technologies in their current environment include PHP 7.1, MySQL with plans to move to Amazon, Apache, and MVC - Yii Framework.
Not needed but desired requirements:
- Experience working with or integrating with 3rd party accounting systems (SAP, Oracle, Epicor, Great Plains).
- Understand importance of unit testing. Have ability to run existing tests as well as create new ones
- Experience working with project management applications and other developers to ensure tasks are completed on time or ahead of schedule
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Multi-Layer Architecture and Programming Patterns
- Experience with Source Control tools (Subversion)
- Usage of HTML template engines is a plus
- Experience with web server optimization and scalability
- Experience using/configuring Apache modules (rewrite rules, virtual hosts, etc.)
1. 3-5 years of experience with PHP Object Oriented Development
2. Experience with an MVC framework - they use Yii but are open to CodeIgniter and Cake
3. Experience with MySQL database usage, design, creation of tables, inserts, selects and joins.
Plus: Experience with Integrating third party systems such as Fedex, UPS, or Paypal with an internal application.
****All interested and qualified candidates please email me your updated resume and rate***
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.