The company is a leading fiber-based service provider in the Mid-Atlantic region serving Carrier, Enterprise and Data Center customers, offering end-to-end connectivity in the Eastern US. the company has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. .
1 M Fiber-Strand Miles
30000 Fiber-Route Miles
10400 On-Net Locations
7200 FTTC Locations
9 Data Centers
Currently, the development team is looking to bring on a SQL/PHP developer. Initially this person will be a generalist developer that will be mainly supporting their billing system SuiteSolution. This person will spend the first 6-7 months of the job helping them make changes to the system and their internal MS system. Candidates will need experience with PL/SQL to work in the SuiteSolution system and TSQL to work in the MS environment. Once the initial changes to the system that have been requested from the end users (sales team) have been completed this person will focus on mainly PHP development to support other applications. If candidates have worked in a billing system in development that is a huge plus, but not a requirement. The other system is a MS Dynamics system and that is where they will need to work with TSQL.
This person will need to be flexible and able to shift projects as needed based on prioritization and timelines given. Some of the projects they could be working on are: urgent tickets for customers not being able to register for online payments through portal, billing migration system, working with collections team to start generating reports to help them optimize what they are doing in collections, Getting automated jobs for file archives set up, consolidation of all of their banking systems (6 banks), configuring a new product for AT&T promotions, etc.
Day to Day:
Be online at 8:30am EST participate in scrum meeting at 8:45am and go over what they did yesterday, what they are working on and any challenges, then at 9am they would be off to work on various projects, be doing communication through Microsoft Teams and being present, get at minimum their 8 hrs. a day and more if needed.
Ideal candidates will have experience with the below:
• 5+ years of PL/SQL (Oracle) skills
• SSRS Reporting writing skills
• PowerShell, Windows Batch scripting
• Windows Server basics
• Agile/GitTop Skills Details:
1. 5+ year of experience with PHP development.
** won't be a fit if they have Lamp stack and WordPress with PHP
- need experience working in an Agile environment and with Git
- need experience with doing PHP Scripts and coding but not from a web development perspective
- need experience working with Windows or Linux Servers and understanding how they work to be able to troubleshoot as needed
- need to be able to document and generate automated unit tests in PhpUnit, Jasmine, and other testing frameworks as well as fluency if git and git branching models
2. 5+ years experience working with major databases such as MYSQL, Oracle, Microsoft.
- will need to be able to go in and generate reports as needed
3. Ability to be a fast learner and quickly adapt to new or changing projects.
- this person will be working on multiple projects or have other projects come on that they need to re-focus on and complete with an aggressive timeline
- ability to learn new technology quickly as they are working on moving to the Cloud and will be working with containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
*plus if they have any experience with Docker, Ansible, or Kubernetes
*experience with python, bash, and windows batch scripting is a huge plus
*experience with billing and financial terminology/industry standard processes is a big plus or if it is in Telecom
Has to be able to communicate with business users and have patience in showing how to complete new tasks in a system to non technical users.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.