PHP/Java Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a strong PHP/Java Developer for an opportunity in Tempe, AZ. The ideal Developer should be capable of Java, PHP (Zend Framework) and Oracle PL/SQL. The candidates should be highly independent, and capable with initial guidance, but a quick learner.
This position will act as a Full Stack Developer within the B/OSS delivery team. The candidate will be responsible for design and development of front end and middleware applications. The candidate will also provide technical support as required to supplement the operations and Tier2 support teams. The candidate will display an independent proficiency in development, maintenance and support of multiple core software systems within the team product catalog.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Develop using industry standard best-practices
- Participate fully in Agile Scrum team development cycle
- Design, Develop and maintain Java based middleware with SOAP web services.
- Current environment is RHEL 7.x, JBOSS EAP, Java 8 connecting to Oracle DBs via JDBC and Hibernate, as well as Oracle BRM via FLIST.
- Roadmap leading to RHEL 8, JBOSS EAP, Java 11
- Design, Develop and maintain PHP based (Zend Framework) front end applications.
- Current environment is Zend 1.1.2, PHP 5.4
- Roadmap leading to Zend 3, Expressive, PHP 7
- Design, Develop and maintain Oracle PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Design, Develop and deploy Java based Lambda applications to AWS
- Build, Configure, Troubleshoot and Maintain JBOSS EAP server environments
- Determine optimal configuration settings
- Work with Unix administrators to keep upgrade and ensure compatibility with deployments
- Participate in backlog issue management by ensuring stories are written correctly, acceptance criteria are fully captured, and issues follow the defined workflow to lead to successful commitments.
- Participate fully in end-to-end development from database to middleware to front end interface.
- Quality driven development using tools such as Junit and PHPUnit.
- Resolve code quality issues as reported by tools such as SonarQube and Veracode.
- Review peer code against for team agreed code standards and industry best practices
- Produce new builds and deployments upon completion of development tasks.
- Assists with the integration, documentation and launch of new product offerings.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions to ensure the proper product direction for business and customer needs.
- Support QA efforts, by resolving issues and defects in a timely manner.
- Support customer efforts through beta and production release cycles.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and assist in resolving complex system issues that may have a negative impact on revenue or customer perceptions.
- Assist as necessary with user acceptance testing of billing and reporting systems as development is completed, before production roll out.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for external integrators and internal customers.
- Develop and deliver developer workshops for external integrators.
- Responsible for product road-map ownership, ensuring systems stay in compliance with component life-cycle and support.
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements.
- Leads meetings to recommend process improvements as development or customer needs dictate to enhance or maintain efficiencies for internal customers and reduce risk of revenue loss.
- Proactive management of systems including log reviews, performance evaluation, usage metrics and working with Operations team to identify common customer issues for resolution.
- Mentor more junior team members to ensure they keep current with technological developments within the industry.
- Set an appropriate example for more junior team members.
- Demonstrated flexibility as part of the Agile Methodology to flex with business priorities and provide business value.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Communicate expectations clearly to resources to ensure that deliverables and deadlines are properly met
- Coach and provide training or suggestions as required
- Understanding and familiarity of telecom back office, billing and revenue assurance
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to Interact with various departments and management
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, multi task and review workloads to ensure the best use of resources
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Other activities as deemed necessary
- 4 year degree in Business or computer science
- Minimum 4-8+ years of Software Development experience with progressive responsibilities in above technologies.
- Technical knowledge and experience in Telecommunications, BSS/OSS systems, preferably Oracle BRM.
- Ability to translate functional requirements to technical design.
- Ability to understand and follow-up on various technical issues (Sizing, Performance, business logic, etc) & can thrive in a fast pace environment.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.