SkillStorm is seeking a PL/SQL Developer for our client in Jacksonville, Florida. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. They will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- As an Oracle PL/SQL Developer, you will be a key member of the Database Group responsible for providing overall database support with concentration in back-end programming. The PL/SQL Developer will be responsible to properly maintain source code sets and necessary technical documentation and assist the DBA's in overall database maintenance. In this role, you'll leverage your knowledge of Oracle database development and be instrumental in the successful implementation of our browser-based, enterprise software product.
- Will work as a part of the SQL Development team by designing schema, tables, views, indexed views, developing stored procedures
- Create complex queries, SSIS jobs and SSRS Reports.
- Will be well versed with the latest PL/SQL language features and have experience dealing with large volumes of data.
- 6 or more years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Must possess expert programming and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess expert performance tuning skills and dynamic SQL skills
- Must be willing to jump into anyone’s code at any time to solve the problem
- Must be able to reverse engineer anyone else’s code and be able to modify it to solve the problem in a better or more efficient way
- Experience with Oracle Version 12c
- Strong experience with oracle functions, procedures, triggers, packages & performance tuning
- Performance tune SQL's, application programs and instances
- Demonstrated knowledge in XML and web services
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools like Git/SVN.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flow-charting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience mentoring / or leading other development staff
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
- 24x7 Production support experience supporting a large scale
- Experience with complex indexing strategies including column store indexing
- 3-5 years of PL/SQL development experience
- 3+ years of experience with SSIS
- 1+ year of experience with SSRS
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Relevant Development certifications