PLC / Packaging Controls Programmer
A leading packaging supplier to many on the Fortune 500 are looking to expand in its robotic group as it seeks to add a PLC programmer. In order to be a fit for this role you'll need to possess a background in programming in Allen Bradley, familiarity with robotics and a desire to perform schematic design support. This organization has nearly three decades of experience and is looking to bring in the next wave of leaders who are going to bring the company into the future.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications. Code, test, debug, document, start-up and maintain software for automated packaging systems.
- Working with a project team to understand System Control Strategies and electrical conceptual designs to develop the robot, PLC and HMI code.
- Assist a team with conceptual design of the operation of new/custom systems, including electrical schematic design support and reviews.
- Most of the work is performed in the employer's workplace in Belcamp, MD, but travel will be required. Typical travel would be trips to customer site for commissioning and start-up of systems.
- 2 years of experience
- Experience programming in Allen Bradley
- Familiarity with robotics
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with robotic and packaging based machines is a benefit
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) proficiency
- Knowledge of electrical standards such as NFPA 79 , NEC or UL508a is a benefit
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.