Title: Project Manager I
Type: 6-Month Contract
The Project Manager I create and execute project work plans for IT projects and revise as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organization. In addition to being accountable to direct line Management, the Project Manager I will be accountable to and take direction from the PMO Director. The Project Manager I will directly interface with ITs internal customers at the Manager and Director levels.
- Follows a defined project management methodology, accountable for the detailed planning of steps and resources needed to meet objectives.
- Monitors and prepares reports to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and on or under budget.
- Works on diverse projects of small to medium size, scope, and complexity, with guidance and coaching when necessary.
- Effectively applies IT's methodology and enforces project standards.
- Ensures that in-flights reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all projects. Solves conflicts, project risks and issues in a timely manner, escalating to Manager as appropriate.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Monitors project budget.
- Ensures quality control for all projects.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary project team(s).
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- 2+ years of information systems exp.
- 2+ project management experience, managing software deployments and/or developments.
- Project management experience in health care preferred.
- Possess good understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
- Strong background in project management skills, including risk management.
- Experience in process analysis and root cause analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Skills in Google Workspace, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- A passionate desire to grow, learn and advance.
- Possess quality presentation skills and experience in presenting complex plans and designs to senior level management.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!