LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The PMO Analyst role utilizes analytical capabilities to effectively collect, analyze, and summarize data regarding Project Management Office (PMO) systems, processes, and reporting. Tracks the progress of the PMO, coordinating delivery dates and maintaining financial controls and systems. The role helps determine effective project staffing as well as creating and running scheduled and ad-hoc reports regarding ITS scorecard/performance metrics.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Tracking and monitoring the progress of the project management office and the projects and programmes assigned to it
- Maintains PMO processes and methodologies, continuously updating and improving project methodologies
- Maintains PMO resource management and project demand information
- Responsible for adherence to PMO processes and compliance measures to ensure traceability and transparency to all steps of the PMO processes, reporting all deviations from PMO practice
- Ensures process compliance in alignment with governance and applicable standards and measures, such as SOX and audit responsibilities
- Coordinates projects through entry of demand into tools, creation of SAP project codes, tracking approval routing, etc.
- Requests and coordinates progress/status reports and updates.
- Monitors spend versus forecast and escalate any deviations.
- Pro-actively collects information on deviations from planned activities and timelines.
- Monitors the progression and resolution of issues, and requests updates on these from relevant contacts/responsible persons.
- Assists in the preparation of the detailed annual budget and project business cases.
- Performs financial analysis, including changes in actual performance as compared to budgeted and prior year results, variance analysis and control and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Tracks PMO performance against SLA's.
- Prepares slide decks that are needed for status/progress updates and related activities.
- Arranges, prepares and coordinates project meetings, including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items, drafting the agenda, setting the timetable and identifying the owners of project material. Prepares and produces accurate minutes following each meeting.
- Assist the PMO with administrative duties as needed, including but not limited to TeamShare maintenance, travel and expenses, and on-boarding
- Ability to work independently within a geographically dispersed team and maintaining a strong linkage with team members, driving consistency across global towers
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline, or a minimum of 2-4 years equivalent experience
- Experience of programme co-ordination/administration role
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework
- Gifted at dealing with numbers, complex data sets with the ability to manage, understand and express data concepts dependent on the audience
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail in checking and challenging information provided
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Significant knowledge and demonstrable experience of Microsoft technologies, including Project, Project Server, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Access, Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills across all levels of the organization, with the ability to challenge when necessary
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organization
- Very good prioritization skills to balance key priorities
- A strong customer centric approach.
- Experience in SAP as related to PMO activities
- PMP Certification, Prince2, MSP or P30 qualifications an advantage, or aspires to and/or is in the process of attaining such
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston