As a leading player in an asset intensive industry, EVRAZ relies on the strategic prioritization and flawless execution of its capital projects as a competitive advantage. These projects typically include at their core a mix of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) activities.
The Project Management Office (PMO) Analyst is responsible for tracking EVRAZ North America's capital investments. This role participates in the day to day coordination of a PMO office that provides oversight of the execution of the sustainability and growth strategy through a multi-million dollar project portfolio spanning operations, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. This role interacts with the project throughout its lifecycle, from concept and options analysis through design and execution and post project review.
This is a high visibility position that will frequently interface with the C-suite and EVRAZ PLC Investment Committees. The successful candidate should be poised and able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders. This role reports to the PMO Director in Chicago and has the flexibility of being located at one of our engineering hubs: Pueblo, CO, Portland, or Calgary, AB.
- Create PMO reports for capital projects across EVRAZ, ensuring the governance model is followed from project initiative through closeout on each project
- Prepare for monthly Investment Committee meetings ensuring agenda, materials, and minutes are distributed on a timely fashion
- Provide quality assurance and assistance to business teams in developing investment business cases
- Support performance evaluation and development of Project Management team
- Serve as subject matter expert for the EVRAZ PMO System and keep reference documents up to date
- Conduct internal/external benchmarking for continuous improvement of the EVRAZ PMO System
- Support project management teams in the field by providing expertise in the areas of: quality assurance, engineering, supply chain and analysis on project performance
- Step into a project team role for short periods to ensure the delivery of highly visible projects, as required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business
- 2 years' experience supporting multiple sites, preferably in a cross-functional role
- 1-2 years' experience supporting engineering teams in a project oversite role for the field and/or construction management
- Solid financial acumen and business analysis experience including financial models for investment projects and tracking performance versus budget
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Power Point and MS Project or alternative project management software
- Experience with project management techniques and/or continuous improvement a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, possess a valid passport and eligible to travel internationally