Location: Denver, CO
Type: Direct Placement/FTE
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the client's security and networking devices and upgrade when necessary
- Providing support for other SOC engineers and analysts on Palo Alto equipment/software
- Assist in threat detection activities across teams
- Cross train in-house to share knowledge and share workload
- Provide pre-sales support on client projects. This includes documentation designed and installation rollouts
- Provide support to project managers on security/network deployments
- Suggest and detail design changes as and when needed
- Documentation for the customers installations and provide continue service advice
- Pro-actively review and maintain client infrastructure
- Responding to emergency situations and performing effective troubleshooting during production outages
- Identify opportunities for automation and prioritize their implementation
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Develop best practices for IT security.
- Work with other technology teams and customers to perform tests and uncover network or other vulnerabilities.
- May be relied upon as a technical point of contact during Escalated Events relating to security
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Handle escalated internal or customer security issues from support or other operations team.
- Takes part in any security oriented projects or critical initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology & security news, trends and standards.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Other duties as identified or assigned.
- Working remotely or onsite as per business requirements
- Knowledge and experience installing and supporting Palo Alto Security Appliances (minimum four years)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSA or higher) certification preferred.
- Data knowledge
- Knowledge of protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SPT, TRUNKS, VLANs, Port-Channel, Static routing
- Networking topologies and protocols. Examples being MPLS, VRF, SIP, Traffic Shaping / QoS
- Palo Alto Command line
- Must have a good networking background and understanding
- A high level of Palo Alto expertise in design, configuration, migrations, tuning and customization of features
- Experience in configuration and administration of Palo Alto security features such as Panorama, security policies, WildFire, URL filtering, APP-ID, User-ID, Threat prevention, Site-site VPN, Global protect and SSL decryption.
- Familiarity with Data Center environment and hosted deployments/cloud
- Experience of supporting clients remotely and face to face, along with experience of working with SIP providers
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Must be flexible to work outside of business hours as per business requirements.
- Needs to be able to remain calm under pressure and ensure a logical thought process is maintained.
- Experience of the Python programming language
- Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Command of network management principles.
- Experience in systems administration of Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, C++, Java, Ruby, bash, Power Shell etc.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Emulate the Ntirety Values in all that they do.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!