Title: Payment Contract Analyst
Location: TN (remote)
Job Type: 2 Year Contract
Manager's Top Needs:
1. Payment Processing exp.
2. Different database exp.
3. Clinical knowledge
The Payment Contract Analyst is responsible for executing high-quality clinical review and approval of invoices and payment questions in a timely manner while maintaining external and internal relationships. All clinical payment work will be done in accordance with company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Frequently uses general knowledge of clinical contract practices.
- Understands and applies general clinical contract principles, theories and concepts.
- Understands the intent of contractual languages and can represent and defend position.
- Refers to established policies and practices for guidance.
- Works under general supervision and work may be reviewed by manager or senior-level team members for adequacy and accuracy.
- Seeks necessary input and guidance from manager and/or senior-level payment contracting team member(s).
- Uses critical thinking skills to review contract against payments.
- Secures additional input from legal, manager, clinical team, contract specialist and/or data management as needed before making payment or responding to a payment question.
- Effectively manages multiple payment priorities in a timely manner to meet the external and internal customers' needs and proactively provides status updates on payments and payment questions.
- Effectively manages workload in accordance with study milestones.
- Regularly communicates with external and internal customers.
- Takes on process improvement projects as assigned and seeks regular input from manager regarding project direction.
- Supports processing payments and contract entry through payment and contracting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years payment contract experience with bachelor’s or
- No Experience with Advanced Degree (e.g. JD, Masters)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Document management experience
- Previous experience in customer-facing role
- Proven cross-functional experience
- Experience supporting clinical research or similar experience in a medical/scientific area
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) background
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Provides project or program support to a functional group or business process.
- Monitors program/project/system status, budgets and timetables.
- Applies knowledge of and experience in company operations to assist in the development, implementation and administration of program/system guidelines and procedures.
- Gathers and compiles information for reports.
- Provides technical support, which may include program/system training, program/system documentation, data extraction, data review, tracking and coding.