LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position manages the Integrity Management Program (IMP) as the Integrity Engineer. This role will be responsible for compliance and pipeline integrity requirements for interstate and intrastate hazardous liquid pipelines and gas transmission pipelines. The Integrity Engineer provides technical support to the whole EPO organization, along with facilitating and driving the implementation of integrity management program initiatives. Position offices out of Clear Lake, TX (CLK), and has a geographical area of responsibility from Corpus Christi, TX to Lake Charles, LA.Roles & Responsibilities
* Provide technical expertise in the areas of pipeline integrity assessments, integrity repairs, quality assurance, data collection, data management, data integration, pipeline integrity project prioritization, and planning and management
* Extensive experience using ILI tools, data evaluation, and procedures.
* Working knowledge with PHMSA 192 & 195 regulations, specifically on integrity assessment requirements
* Partner with Maintenance & Operations on all aspects of the Integrity Assessment Plan and integrity related pipeline activities
* Collaborate with department leads on the planning, development, execution and improvement of integrity related processes and technical decision-making
* Manage Pipeline Integrity Projects via collaboration with the IMP Maintenance Team in the planning and execution of integrity assessments, and coordinate with field operations to implement repair plans
* Carry out pipeline anomaly assessments and produce recommendations for repairs as required and in accordance with EPO and Regulatory Standards
* Serve as a technical resource with internal stakeholders, contractors, and vendors for the planning and execution of field activities relating to integrity assessments and other pipeline services projects
* Participate in the Comprehensive Risk Assessment Process and Pipeline Compliance Audits
* Conducts office and/or field visits to support evaluation of more complex crossing/easement requests.
* Support pipeline safety audits, and submit Texas Damage Reporting form to the Railroad Commission
* Serve as an active member of the Pipeline's extended staff, and assist in the develop and execution of organizational strategic plans.
* Engineering degree with at least 6 years of experience
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in In-Line Inspection, compliance and integrity management for gas and liquids pipelines
* Must be self-directed, able to work with a team, take direction from manager, keep required work schedules, focus attention to details, and follow work rules.
* Knowledge of pipeline hydrostatic pressure testing, repairs, modifications and rehabilitation
* Working knowledge of basic corrosion principles (internal and external) and mitigation
* Must be able to work outside traditional work hours when required
* Established relationships with professional organizations such as API, GPA and NACE
* Ability to plan, organize, document, prioritize and complete work efficiently.
* Solid communication (verbal and written) skills are required.
* Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
* Less than 25% travel in the Corpus Christi, Texas to Lake Charles, Louisiana area
* Mechanical Engineering Degree
* 10 years of Pipeline Industry Experience
* Strong knowledge of pipeline design and construction methods
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston