LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
As a member of the Engineering team you will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize various equipment that drive processes and product improverments while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. During a typical day you will apply technical knowledge to analyze causes of long term reliability issues, execute expense and capital projects, provide general assistance trouble shooting day-to-day issues or provide technical training to less experienced engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Execute recommendations to improve unit performance.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize orperations units.
- Provide mechanical design support and execute capital projects.
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Balance day-to-day operationsl priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Coach less experienced engineers, providing required technical training.
Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum 4 years prior experience working as a chemical or mechanical engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey