LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
As a member of the Engineering team you will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize various equipment that drive processes and product improverments while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. During a typical day you will apply technical knowledge to analyze causes of long term reliability issues, execute expense and capital projects, provide general assistance trouble shooting day-to-day issues or provide technical training to less experienced engineers.Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Execute recommendations to improve unit performance.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize orperations units.
- Provide mechanical design support and execute capital projects.
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Balance day-to-day operationsl priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Coach less experienced engineers, providing required technical training.
Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum 4 years prior experience working as a chemical or mechanical engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey