UPS is seeking an energetic and dynamic Intern to join our Plant Engineering team during the upcoming semester. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real-world, hands-on business experience, we want to hear from you!
The Plant Engineering Automation Deployment Intern contributes to the improvement of currently deployed automated sorters and AGVs (Automated-Guided-Vehicles) across UPS network. The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent MySQL and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) skills, and possess interpersonal skills to work with various UPS functions and vendors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and maintains weekly automated sorter performance report
- Develops weekly AGV performance report
- Maintains and meets project schedule
- Collaborates with multiple engineering disciplines to improve performance of automated equipment
- Facilitates remote testing process of automated sorters
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Basic MySQL skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to distinguish between “big picture” concepts and detailed facts, while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and with appropriate level of detail to impact end goals
- Rising college Junior or Senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law