Directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, other production-related activities and office personnel. Oversees operations for small to mid-size plants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Develops and controls profits, plans, and budget.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, staffing levels and salaries.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment; replaces or makes adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintains and enforces OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff; may include technical/business support or production/operation staff.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function(s).
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
- Has very wide latitude for decision making.
Provides formal supervision to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff; may include technical/business support or production/operation staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function(s). Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree required.
7 to 10 years of experience required.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Develops business plans that take into account longer-term activities, issues, problems or
- Develops a strategic direction that connects the role of the team to the to the success of AZZ.
- Ensures the initiatives and priorities in one's area are integrated with one another and aligned with AZZ's priorities.
- Gives feedback that is constructive and precise based on facts and behavioral patterns observed, and gives individualized suggestions for improvement.
- Takes new initiatives aimed at improving team performance.
ADA PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADA POSITION REQUIREMENTS
ADA WORKING CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Create Superior Value in a Culture where People can grow and TRAITS matter .
TRAITS are the Values that we want all AZZ employees, and especially leaders, to embody in everything they do. The TRAITS are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Safety.