Redwood Shores, CA
6+ months (possibility of extension)
Looking for someone ASAP
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for supporting facilities operations and office services functions to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services and maintenance of the office's physical space.
• Respond to general facilities and office maintenance related requests
• Stock and keep inventory of and order all office consumables (including kitchen, office, and restroom supplies)
• Assist with ordering, assembling, and moving office furniture as needed
• Ensure orderliness and cleanliness in 'public ' areas including reception, conference rooms, restrooms, and kitchens
• Maintain kitchens and lunch areas (ensure appropriate stock of dishes and utensils, stock pantry, load and run dishwashers)
• Assist in maintenance inspections of facilities for safety hazards and regulation requirements
• Maintain printer stations, fax machines, postage meter, and copy machines.
Other responsibilities include set up and clean up for meetings and events, assembling binders and documents, running errands, and providing general assistance to Office Manager. Basic computer skills, at least a year of office, facilities, or administrative experience, a high school diploma, and the ability to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. required.
• Excellent customer service orientation and execution.
• Adeptness at working in a fast-paced corporate headquarters office setting.
• Flexible and proactive problem solver adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, and the ability to work independently when required.
• Experience with responding to multiple requests and the ability to prioritize.
• Fast learner and strong attention to detail.
• Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Capability to learn PC based shipping and other computer-based systems and programs.
• Aptitude to learn or be certified in First Aid and AED training.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs. on a continuous basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least 3 years of experience in facilities, shipping/receiving, or building operations related fields preferred.
Someone with only a little bit of experience may be accepted.
High School Diploma, or GED. Secondary education or degree preferred.