LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
As a member of our dynamic North American Supply Chain Team, the Pricing Analyst is responsible for the pricing and billing of invoices for sales contracts and orders. Responsibilities also include pricing of purchase contracts and obtaining the appropriate DOA signatures to process purchases for payment. The Pricing Analyst will also
handle Intercompany and Interdivisional pricing, and execution of rebates.
This position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Formulates reports and analyzes information to supply the Business the data required to develop factors in
- formula pricing calculations and competitive pricing discussions with customers.
- Participates in monthly price changes involving calculating and updating customer price files based on
- changes in relevant commodity market prices.
- Documents contract pricing information into analytical tools for reporting.
- Assures invoice accuracy, monitors metrics and supports efforts to maintain/enhance operational excellence
- and improve customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for effective implementation of mass price updates by incorporating price protection and caps,
- where applicable, to ensure accuracy.
- Communicates and enforces business rules through interaction with all levels of Supply Chain.
- Researches, coordinates and provides pricing knowledge and expertise to respond to Accounting, Internal
- and External Control audit compliance.
- Process and System Knowledge:
- Displays high proficiency in Enterprise system applications. Applies analytical tools to anticipate and solve
- problems in a timely fashion.
- Generates Business Warehouse, SAP, and Microsoft Excel reports providing quantitative analysis on
- customers and market trends to Business groups.
- Identifies and implements system and process improvements to optimize efficiency.
- Interacts with Sales and Business/Marketing to get agreement on complex rebates, provisional and formula
- prices and pricing-related issues.
- Develops open, considerate and productive working relationships with individuals throughout the
- organization to clearly convey information.
- Influences business and departmental results with quantitative and qualitative data.
- 8+ years related experience is required in lieu of a degree.
- Computer, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate complex problem resolution proficiency and capability to identify/implement process and
- system enhancements.
- Be able to effectively communicate critical pricing information to all levels of the organization.
- Seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas, and feedback to improve effectiveness.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Referral Bonus: $1,500.00
Nearest Major Market: Houston