This position is with one of our direct clients in Marion, North Carolina. Please send resumes to rraj(at)divihn(dot)com or asharma(at)divihn(dot)com. You may also call Roopa at (630) 847 0285 or Aarti at (630) 847 1030 with any questions. Description: Job Title: Principal Automation Engineer
Displays standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input. Plans, schedules and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria with minimal guidance. This project will be focused on the implementation of new technology for visual inspection on, IV/ medication delivery bag fabrication machines.
1) With minimal guidance, schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a smaller project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
2) Demonstrates new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
3) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
4) Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technician on assigned work.
1) Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise.
2) Ability to communicate with all levels of management on courses of action using both written and verbal methods.
3) Effectively work on cross-functional teams and facilitate with guidance.
4) Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
5) Technical skill (Software or other):
Must have at least 5-8 years of recent Rockwell PLC experience
Ability to read and write electrical schematics
Proven hands-on mechanical skillset
Solid works drafting skills are a plus Education / Experience
B.S. Engineer (Discipline: Mechanical or Electrical, possibly Biomedical with the right experience)
8-10 years of related experience in upgrading manufacturing machines within a regulated environment.
The track record for successfully driving deliverables on time.
Previous experience as a project lead strongly preferred.
Recent and relevant experience with Allen Bradley Control Systems and Automation
Physical Requirements (Manufacturing site)
Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 15 pounds and reaching with hands and arms.
Lifting and carrying on average up to 15 pounds frequently throughout the shift.
Must have the ability to complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms and both hands
Must be able to squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.