TASKI Intellibot, a part of Diversey and the world leader in commercial, robotic floor-care machines, has an immediate opening for a Principal Electrical Engineer in the Robotics Team, where your skills will be used to advance our state-of-the-art robotics systems including artificial intelligence, autonomous navigation, sensor fusion techniques, Internet-of-Things communication, and other interesting challenges in mobile cleaning robotics. The TASKI Intellibot robotics team is growing and this individual will have the opportunity to work in the challenging world of robotics in a multi-disciplinary environment. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry.
In this position, you will create and execute the electrical hardware architecture for next generation robots. Must have the ability to create and design to practical system requirements from high level product requirements. As a team, you will create cutting-edge sensors, processor mainboard, navigation hardware/software and motion control systems.
- Report to the Electrical Engineering Manager – Robotics
- Design and develop hardware architectures and embedded systems for next generation autonomous robotic systems.
- Develop and perform validation testing to ensure robotic system designs meet technical requirements as needed
- Documenting detailed product and technical system requirements
- Must be able to think at the systems level to drive design solutions for a complex system using diverse disciplines: Software, Electrical and Mechanical.
- Analyze competitor landscape and identify areas of differentiation for Diversey robotics current and future platforms
- Develop project plans, identify key milestones, risks, and develop time estimates for each milestone to complete the project.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required, with a minimum of 8+ years electrical engineering design experience in product development
- 3+ years of experience with robotics or complex electro/mechanical systems with motion control
- 2+ years of experience as lead engineer or as systems architect
- Experience with designing embedded systems (microcontrollers, processors, FPGAs), sensors, power systems (DC-DC converters, power distribution), and motor control
- Working knowledge of some of the following protocols: I2C, SPI, PCI, PCIe, USB, CAN, CAN-FD, LVDS, MIPI, Ethernet (10/100/1000Base-T) is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including specification development; ability to make technical documentation
- Must be hands-on with devices, prototyping, and troubleshooting
We desire these additional attributes
- Masters in Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Preferred working knowledge of Altium Designer tool suite
- Hands-on experience developing in embedded operating systems in the linux environment, kernel development is a plus
- Working knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, Jama, Jira, Oracle Agile PLM, Visio, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office tool suite is a plus
- Working knowledge of current battery technologies and battery charging systems is a plus.
- High Speed PCB design experience including Power Distribution Network (PDN) design and analysis experience is desired
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team; ability to lead a small project team
- Working knowledge of and experience with worldwide regulatory requirements for consumer products desired - e.g. UL, CE, FCC, etc. is a plus
- Experience with electrical safety design (interlock design) is a plus
- Ability to work independently - with minimal supervision - with significant sense of urgency and commitment to achieve tangible results and outcomes.
- Team player with very good collaboration skills, fostering knowledge sharing with multi-functional team members
Are you creative and autonomous? Do you love a challenge? If so, we want to hear from you. Come, join our robotics team and help build the real-time, cost-effective robotics platform driving our success in this exciting and quickly growing field.
Position located in Richmond, Virginia and requires occasional travel, including international travel, additional work hours to ensure project completion on time, as well as occasional off hour phone calls. Relocation assistance is available