Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a Company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Working independently, the Principal Enterprise Architect is responsible for defining the overall architecture of a portfolio. Focuses on developing and delivering architectural patterns and practices that build strategic features across the entire enterprise. Has deep of knowledge of multiple technology areas, processes, methodologies, standards, products, and frameworks. Advises on high-level, complex solution development, architecture, and management processes from concept ideation through development, launch, and maintenance. Liaises with leadership to develop and grow architectures that increase productivity and profits. Provides technical leadership and support to architectures and software development teams to ensure timely delivery of reliable, flexible, secure, scalable, and cost-efficient architectures.
Moreover, this particular role defines and champions the data strategy and roadmap needed to mature the overall enterprise data architecture, and then builds designs for delivering transformative business outcomes leveraging that architecture using AI/ML technologies, patterns, and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand company roadmaps to define system specifications.
- Plan and design the overall structure of a broad technology solution.
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods.
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure.
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions.
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals.
- Define solution architecture aligned to business needs in collaboration with product and engineering teams.
- Partner with Product Team to envision future features and help plan development sequences.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to engineering.
- Leads technical and engineering teams in establishing and refining technical principles, standards, strategies, and patterns that support strategic goals of the organization.
- Audit and improve architecture practices.
- Assist with governing software development to ensure satisfaction of non-functional requirements.
- Build software prototypes to validate architecture approaches.
- Leads research initiatives to assess emerging technologies.
- Ensure new product functionality is built with effective, scalable technologies.
- Provide thought leadership by staying well-informed on applicable technology and industry trends, reference architectures, and standards.
- Advises management regarding vision and strategy, technology innovations, and enterprise architecture services
- Coaches and mentors Enterprise and Solution Architects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a Enterprise Architect with a minimum of ten years experience.
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration, and an understanding of software development techniques, best practices, and processes
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in AI/ML, advanced analytics, research, modeling/data science and relevant areas.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA, REST)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux) and databases (e.g. MySQL, NoSQL)
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management.
- Strong skills at managing risks during product launches.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, and mentor others.
- Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and switch between assignments quickly.
- Strong ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks.
- Strong ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of key architecture domains--services, cloud, security, technical, integration, and application--as well as architectural patterns, network design, application development, web application design, integration layer technologies, database management, and IT operations is required.
- Design and portfolio experience in retail data and/or business architecture is preferred.
- Familiarity with business architecture principles
- Understanding of financial models and budgeting
- Proven ability to model information, technical, and application architectures
- Able to develop multiple, alternative technical architectures to support a business or technical goal, and then communicate the key tradeoffs and implications (supportability, cost estimate, etc.)
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- MBA is desirable.
- Professional level technical and project management certifications are desirable.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.