Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America's largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
Working independently, the Principal IT Financial Analyst leads the financial analysis and control of the IT Department budgets. This position is responsible for the management of financial models for planning, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting efforts. Additionally, this position will analyze current practices, technology and data to recommend new business strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject-matter expert for IT financial matters such as identifying trends, gaps in transaction details, and lead efforts to improve reporting accuracy.
- Design and manage IT budgets, forecasts, and expense reports. Lead the delivery of the departments financial report.
- Provide budgeting updates and financial recommendations to Sr Leadership that support department's current and future goals and initiatives.
- Responsible for vendor/subcontractor & financial management; budget tracking & reconciliation, resource allocation and time management and overall financial reporting for the program.
- Guides employees, vendors and customers by overseeing and answering questions related to IT Financial, processes and practices.
- Research and collect data to benchmark and understand best practices related to IT budgeting trends.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experiences. Experience providing financial analysis, planning, and recommendations for large enterprise departments and IT Programs.
- Must have an understanding and experience utilizing GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and the ability to understand and report on the Flow of Cost.
- Experience with SAP or other accounting related software is required.
- Project/Program/Portfolio Estimation experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including skills in Word and Excel, is necessary.
- Must be capable of communicating information timely and accurately between departments, to the Project Managers, and to Senior Management.
- Ability to lead lower level analyst, define problems, recommend solutions, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of business systems and processes and associated internal controls.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a bachelor's degree. Finance or account major preferred.
Normal workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.