From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be in Glendale, CA or Dallas, TX.***
As the Principal Platform Engineer, Mobile Technologies, you will be responsible for planning, prioritizing, overseeing and supporting the delivery of innovative Hilton mobile platform capabilities and experiences in collaboration with Software Engineering, Leadership and cross-product/cross-channel business partners. Your Platform Engineering team applies platform management and technical design and delivery skills to plan and prioritize the work of systems or services used by multiple Guest and/or Team Member product channels. In this highly collaborative position you will balance the needs of product/business feature owners, platform engineering and architects, enterprise safety and soundness, and performance/scalability to continually drive delivery of platform capabilities across Hilton's web and mobile channels. You will also be responsible for a wide range of output enabling agile/iterative platform development: roadmaps, context/sequence diagrams, epics, stories, technical wireframes, collaboration space documentation, and partner presentations. You will demonstrate versatility as platform interests span front line product awareness, enterprise infrastructure familiarity, data and API proficiency, performance monitoring and longer term foundation planning.
More specifically, you will:
Core App and Mobile Platform Strategy
- Define cross-product mobile experiences across phones, tablets and wearables/watches as well as underlying platform capabilities that use Hilton's evolving service/API-driven infrastructure and third party services/integration.
Core App Delivery Roadmap
- Develop and maintain a core app delivery roadmap with input from appropriate stakeholders to enable best-in-class guest experiences, alignment with enterprise level technology transformation, and maximization of Hilton mobile growth, engagement and revenue.
App and Mobile Platform Performance
- Continually monitor App performance and app store reviews to identify opportunities/issues and lead delivery of app and/or platform specific enhancements that will increase app/platform performance and stability, or provide competitive advantages.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product, Channel, Software Engineering, and Creative to balance competing interests and needs across the organization to enable strategic mobile delivery, communicating effectively and aligning various partners along the way.
Mobile OS Capability SME
- Sustain awareness of existing and upcoming iOS features and capabilities and communicate opportunities for Guest experience enhancements to product, channel and technology partners to enable strategic planning across roadmap.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Success leading a product/platform management function by working with Technology, Business stakeholders and partner teams dispersed geographically
- Strong presence and the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts in understandable terms
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Android and/or iOS devices, mobile platforms and APIs
- Success balancing feature, performance, technical debt and infrastructure transformation/modernization delivery efforts against resource constraints
- Proven track record of coordinating across multiple functional and agile delivery teams to meet objectives and key results
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal, and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and ability to influence others across different levels in a large matrix organization
- Experience managing the definition and execution of agile product/platform delivery (conceptualization, initiative/epic/story creation, creative and solution design, development, testing, and implementation)
- Understanding of Adobe Analytics, and experience with APIs and GraphQL a plus
- Real passion for building beautifully crafted experiences incredible attention to detail in language, usability and design
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Twelve (12) years of experience in a mobile technology/product environment
- Four (4) years of experience writing product user stories and requirements in an agile product and platform environment
- Travel - 25-50%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree; MBA is also encouraged.
- Six (6) years of experience in a product development environment
- Solid understanding of the mobile landscape, technologies, disrupters, and standard methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of software tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Rally, Zeplin, Visio, Adobe
- Experience with UI/UX design and usability
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!