Principal Project Manager
6 - 12 month contract
The Principal Project Manager is accountable for one or more large, diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology, quality improvement, strategic objectives and goals.
The Principal Project Manager ensures projects are planned and executed in a manner that supports the Providence Health & Services mission, integration and collaboration across the health system, and meets the organizational objectives.
This position reports to the Portfolio Leader and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in Providence Strategic and Management Services (PSMS), as well as with other Providence Health & Services staff, vendors and agents, and others.
This position will lead a technical project workstream within our Modern Workplace program. This workstream will move File Shares and Public Folders to the cloud.
- Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice, and compassion in daily work and relationship with others.
- Demonstrates competency by placing high priority on service to everyone encountered. Consistently shows the characteristic of service excellence.
- Demonstrates competency by maintaining positive, constructive interpersonal relationships, and by understanding and practicing the principles of effective teamwork.
- Protects confidentiality/private information related to patients, members, employees and others.
- Demonstrates performance by adhering to established policies and procedure and exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates competency by knowing and applying the principles of an inclusive work environment.
- Proactively identifies and participates in staffing and department quality improvement projects. Develops process maps and recommends process improvements to support increased efficiencies. Completes literature searches and small research projects.
- Manages small or low complexity project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates all aspects of capital purchasing, appropriate operational expenditures, and assists with managing the project budget.
- Develops, maintains and distributes program/project information and documentation using standard documentation.
- May include meeting agendas, minutes, scheduling meetings, status reports, share department documents, SharePoint, PR3 and others.
- Performs assigned individual project tasks and modules and contributes to completion of team tasks accurately and timely.
- Conducts training for customers on projects as appropriate.
- Develops communication materials such as newsletters, emails, brochures and others by working closely with communication and marketing partners.
- Runs reports and analyzes data through PR3 software to support specific project work.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates for multiple project meetings
- Ten or more years of experience leading large, diverse and often complex projects is required.
- Expertise and experience with Project Management methodology based on project management principles required.
- Experience in incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects; Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized certifications preferred.
- Experience facilitating complex decisions making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities is essential.
- LICENSE/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.