The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Principal Technical Services Scientist will work closely with multi-functional teams to help improve current products, address manufacturing issues, evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients, seek cost savings and maintain networks of external partners. Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) is required. Project goals are accomplished with the supervision of the support Supply Chain technicians and scientists.
- Leads meetings and cross-functional teams to make sure key deliverables related to Technical Services projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Leads scale up strategies, and qualifies and transfers technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing sites, or externally.
- Lead and organize the Technical Services team, in the absence of the Manager or Director.
- Defines and implements solutions for assigned tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Provides technical leadership to manufacturing including but not limited to formulation or process improvements, formulation globalization, cost savings initiatives, and trouble shooting.
- Formulates nutritional supplement products in various forms in support of manufacturing.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Negotiates timeline commitments among other team members such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved. Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to manager/director.
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community. Builds awareness of developments outside of NBCo. through attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific meetings.
- Leads external collaborations with suppliers, academia and other professional bodies.