Senior / Principal Software Engineer (Java)
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the software development team focused on the database and server components of a large-scale customer facing product. This team is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of server-side features on an award winning suite of products. We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of tough technical problems and who wants to work on products helping over 1 million users every day in saving time, reducing frustration and providing better service in a meaningful industry. We need someone with a passion for building world-class applications and desire to make an impact on our organization and on real world problems.
- Developing full-stack cloud and on-premises application functionality within an agile team
- Create code testable through automation
- Create unit and functional automated tests
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related degree.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building server software that is extremely robust and reliable and capable of providing high performance under heavy load.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of Scala.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL DBMS like Cassandra.
- Working knowledge of WebSockets.
- Working knowledge of modern UI tools like Angular 2 or React, Relay and GraphQL is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment is a plus.