Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America’s largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
Working as a software development leader, the Principal Software Engineer – SAP BW Reporting is responsible for designing, testing, deploying, and documenting solutions, primarily for SAP systems to support end user reporting and analytics. Primary tools used are SAP BW and HANA Studio, depending on project needs.
- Design and develop various BW modeling objects - InfoObjects, MultiProviders, InfoSets, InfoCubes, SPOs, DSOs, InfoSources, Transformations, DTPs, InfoPackages, Open Hub Destinations and APDs
- Develop ABAP code in various routines - Start, End, Expert and Transfer routines
- Design and develop various types of Generic Data Sources on SAP source systems
- Install and enhance standard data sources and good understanding of various extractors related to FI, MM, SD, HCM and CRM areas
- Extract and load master and transaction data using process chains and real time data acquisition
- Design and develop various BEx components - created queries, calculated and restricted key figures, structures, variables, exceptions, conditions, RRI, ad-hoc queries, jump queries, authorization and role maintenance
- Gather and analyze requirements for new BW projects as well as existing Models
- Optimize performance of the loading and query retrieval of the existing model as well as recommending the best practices for the new models
- Develop and maintain change control and quality assurance procedures for code modifications
- Ensure all code meets business and performance standards for production usage
- Maintain documentation to promote the usefulness of metadata, definitions, & technical information
- Partner with business, BI and data analytics teams to produce or support ad-hoc reporting
- Partner with enterprise, solution, and data architecture teams to ensure that data from application, ODS and data warehouse sources is accurate and appropriate
- Plan and coordinate system deployments, data migration, and other release activities as required
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 10+ years’ experience in data modeling and design, preferably related to report development At least 3 years’ experience with SAP BW data development tools, including designing and developing of SAP BEx Queries, SAP BW Modelling, extraction and loading from SAP source systems
- 5+ years of lead BI/BW developer experience
- 4+ years of HANA development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more SAP ERP module database structures
- HANA Development
- Ability to develop complex and simple Calculation Views and Supporting Views within HANA Studio
- Use Filter Expressions
- Create Restricted Columns
- Create Calculated Columns
- Ability to create and maintain procedures
- BW Development
- Ability to work with and create BW Composite Providers and BW InfoObjects within HANA Studio
- Understanding of Cubes and Process Chains may be needed
- Experience working with BW infocubes, Transformations, and DTP’s
- BEx Query Development
- Ability to develop BEx Report using BEx Query Designer
- Understanding of when it is best to use Calculated Column within HANA view or formula within BEx Query Designer
- ABAP Development
- 5+ years of ABAP experience
- Ability to design and create user exits and ABAP code if needed for BEx Reports.
- Experience working with multiple development, data, and design teams to provide a unified product Possess excellent written and verbal elicitation and documentation skills to capture abstract concepts
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels of the organization, both business and technical
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Must be detail oriented, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for future issues.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.