The LifeVest division of ZOLL Medical Corporation is dedicated to developing the LifeVest wearable defibrillator (WCD) and associated technologies. The LifeVest WCD, worn directly against a patient’s skin, is prescribed to patients at risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD). Every year, 350,000 American lives are lost to SCD. At ZOLL LifeVest, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need.
We’ve been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL LifeVest the ideal place to build your career.
Position Summary: Responsible for the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of automated tools and test infrastructure for a lifesaving class 3 Wearable Cardiac Defibrillator. These systems utilize wearable electro-mechanical devices, embedded software, mobile applications, cloud storage and information processing. The automated tools will be used to perform pre-verification, verification, pre-validation and validation testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with development engineers to define automated test processes and develop tools and fixtures to support device verification/validation testing
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Bash, Python, Jenkins, GitLab, or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
A working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PHP, C++)
- Working knowledge of good testing practices
- Support the development and execution of system design reviews and code review processes
- Works closely with software QA engineers to produce valid test protocols from system requirements
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of scalable test infrastructure used during device testing and research
- Adheres to product build and release schedules and strategies
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports, however general guidance, technical supervision, compliance and quality reviews, and initial performance review write-ups of junior engineers and technicians is required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar discipline, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and programming skills
- Experience with test automation packages, test automation environments, and unit level testing is desired Experience with Handheld, Wearable, or Medical devices
- Regulatory compliance standards
- Understanding of software design
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents of advanced technical complexity. Ability to write reports and research findings of a technical nature. Ability to speak and present effectively one-on-one as well as in small and large groups of professionals, including customers, clients and collaborators, both ihside and outside the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematics principles while performing essential job duties.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced reasoning skills required. Must have ability to solve complex problems and weigh possible solutions to determine rank options to deliver optimal outcomes. Ability to assess problems involving several variables in changing situations.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.