The LifeVest division of ZOLL Medical Corporation is dedicated to developing the LifeVest wearable defibrillator (WCD) and associated technologies. The LifeVest WCD, worn directly against a patient’s skin, is prescribed to patients at risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD). Every year, 350,000 American lives are lost to SCD. At ZOLL LifeVest, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need.
We’ve been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL LifeVest the ideal place to build your career.
Position Summary: Responsible for the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of automated tools and test infrastructure for a lifesaving class 3 Wearable Cardiac Defibrillator system. These systems utilize wearable electro-mechanical devices, embedded software, mobile applications, cloud storage and information processing. The automated tools will be used to perform pre-verification, verification, pre-validation and validation testing for specific portions of the system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with other development engineers to define automated test processes.
- Applies software engineering skills to develop tools and fixtures to support device verification/validation testing.
- Develops and maintains automation software, infrastructures and frameworks; identifies areas where automation can improve quality and time to delivery.
- Supports the development and execution of system design reviews and code review processes.
- Works closely with software QA engineers to produce repeatable test protocols from system requirements.
- Contributes and adheres to product build and release schedules and strategies.
- Participates in agile product life cycle processes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in a related Engineering, Computer Science, or other STEM discipline. Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple programming languages, including object-oriented programming and scripting. Python experience is required; Bash, C/C++ and PHP are strongly desired.
- Experience with automation, continuous integration and configuration management practices and tools is required. Specific experience with Jenkins, GitLab, JIRA and Docker is beneficial.
- Experience with test automation packages, test automation frameworks and environments, and unit level testing is desired.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration is highly beneficial.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Experience with low-power handheld or wearable devices in a highly regulated industry (medical, aviation, automotive, personal safety) is highly desired
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents of advanced technical complexity. Ability to write reports and research findings of a technical nature. Ability to speak and present effectively one-on-one as well as in small and large groups of professionals, including customers, clients and collaborators, both inside and outside the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematics principles while performing essential job duties.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced reasoning skills required. Must have ability to solve complex problems and weigh possible solutions to determine rank options to deliver optimal outcomes. Ability to assess problems involving several variables in changing situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, applicable test/development tools and associated technologies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
You are part of:
At ZOLL LifeVest, our vision is to revolutionize the prevention of sudden cardiac arrest, which claims more lives annually than breast cancer, lung cancer and HIV/AIDS combined in the United States. On any given day, tens of thousands of people are protected from sudden cardiac death by wearing the LifeVest.
Fueled by the success of the business, the ZOLL R&D team is growing rapidly. ZOLL’s ongoing investment in Research and Development aims to further increase the array of clinical products and applications in tandem with expanding the population of cardiac patients that may be helped by our products. Our Pittsburgh based R&D group is comprised of an exceptional team of talented, collaborative, and driven individuals focused on developing real world solutions through the creative and intelligent use of technology that helps to improve patient lives.
We are actively seeking technical contributors at all levels and across many disciplines (including enterprise/web and embedded software, electrical/hardware, mechanical/industrial, test, systems engineering, project/program management, human factors, systems analysis, and technical writing among others). You will be developing new and improved products and services, solving technically challenging problems, and working with an outstanding team of technical professionals who are dedicated to protecting patients from sudden cardiac death and saving lives.
The specific duties vary across roles. However, there are some common traits applicable to all:
- You need to be well grounded in your technical discipline, ideally through a mix of education and a demonstrated successful track record of performance.
- Your passion for your craft will be obvious. You need to be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once in an exciting, invigorating environment of rapid growth.
You must be able to achieve timely results under high standards of workmanship that are accountable to both regulatory agencies and ultimately our patients.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.