Title: Principal Software Engineer
Location: Littleton, CO
Type: Direct Placement
* (U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered)
We're setting our sights on transforming America's wireless mobile industry, by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G broadband network from the ground up. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the future. Our teams are uniquely positioned to effect change across industries spanning autonomous vehicles, smart communities, health care and agriculture well into the future. We are going to disrupt and change the way people communicate
The Principal Software Engineer will work closely with architecture peers across all of Information Technology and Cybersecurity to ensure that wireless projects and new initiatives are secured in accordance with audit and policy requirements. Beyond the expected and typical contributions of an experienced, Software developer, this Principle Engineer's ancillary responsibilities will complement and strengthen the skills of the team and advance the team's delivery pace; Set a high bar for solid Software development practices and standards for all Junior and Senior team members
- Drive solid system architecture and guide and mentor well-disciplined code development practices (i.e. Repository procedures for proper code check-out/in)
- Manage Safe feature branching strategies and versioning control
- Develop proper workflow for team code review and deliver well vetted and tested products.
- Will oversee/author application testing procedures; Software deployment packaging and release coordination with customers; Monitoring of infrastructure, in/outbound processes, web services, application health; Implement feature tracking, bug fixes.
- Define standards that produce enterprise quality software that is robust, scalable, and maintainable for the entire lifecycle of the project and business.
- Deliver software that connects people to data
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field (Masters Preferred)
- 2 or more years building public API's and ability to design and implement RESTful APIs
- 10 or more years of experience in software development
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) using Ansible or Terraform
- Experience creating and deploying Helm charts.
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker, or Rancher for microservices deployment.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V, vSphere and vCenter.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, version control, and system testing with Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Experience gaining insight from log files with Datadog, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience implementing systems tracing with Jaeger and Opentracing.
- Familiarity with protocol level tracing with Wireshark.
- Production experience with distributed datastore using zookeeper, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, and ElasticSearch
- Experienced with programming languages such as Python and Go
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Willingness to learn and teach complex technologies
- Voracious need to document code and catalog data transformations
- Excellent communication skills, and a team player
- A passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering results
- HTTP services
- Messaging brokering: RabbitMQ, gRPC, Kafka, AWS SMS
- Multiple Database technologies/methods such as
- SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Mongo, Couchbase,
- Operating systems:
- Linux (Ubuntu), Windows,
- Server HW Systems administration, Security updates, patches, back-ups, R
- Code review and improvement tools, such as:
- Gitlab, Atlassian Stack: (Crucible, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence), Jenkins, TeamCity
- OS level containerization virtualization/techniques management using
- Docker, VMware, Kubernetes
- Habitual code branching, versioning, feature lifecycle management, testing, packaging and deployments
- Git, Subversion
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!