Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Principal Test Automation Engineer ensures automated test cases are established and processes maintained; mentors the Quality Assurance (QA) department related to complex automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures complex automated scripts are created, modified and maintained
- Ensures criteria is gathered correctly, timely and meets established standards
- Ensures frameworks are testing end-to-end and integrated; matures automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility
- Applies and develops automated test frameworks and tools to meet business needs; ensures functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals are met.
- Ensures automated test suites are built per established standards
- Determines testing standards
- Investigates, recommends and develops new tools to support the future development and direction for test automation
- Designs, maintains and approves complex QA environments
- Manages the product delivery schedules through development and execution of automated test suites on multiple platforms and releases
- Approves automated test environments for user interface (UI) and non-UI testing
- Ensures inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, content and security are identified, analyzed and documented.
- Ensures programming inconsistencies are identified and resolved
- Analyzes and decomposes a complicated software system and designs a strategy to test this system
- Mentors, coaches and trains Test Automation Engineers; trains QA analysts regarding the execution of automated scripts and error research
- Identifies and measures improvements in testing efficiency and effectiveness
- Conducts research on emerging technologies; performs proofs of concepts; implements new technologies
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Determines internal stakeholders' technical needs; gathers requirements and makes recommendations
- Engineers complex solutions that collect and report test results through various metrics' reporting tools
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to testing and automation processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of eight years progressive quality assurance testing experience, with at least seven years automated testing experience.
- Proven expertise with automated testing tools and scripting skills is necessary.
- Proven expertise with software development life cycle (SDLC) and participation in QA reviews, validation of requirements and specification documents is needed.
- Proven experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including, but not limited to, HP, Selenium, SoapUI, DVO or similar tools is needed.
- Proven expertise of SQL and databases for test set up and troubleshooting purposes is needed.
- Proficient with developer tools, including, but not limited to, Eclipse, git, Jenkins, Subversion or similar is preferred.
- Proven expertise with HP ALM, HP UFT or similar is needed.
- Proven skills in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis are needed.
- Experience with cloud-based applications is needed.
- Proven expertise with risk-based testing procedures is preferred.
- Proven project management skills are required.
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches is required.
- Proven experience testing complex multi-tiered web-based systems and complex data-driven applications is required.
- Prior work experience with agile is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely, and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor, and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- ISTQB or CSTE Foundation Certification required. ISTQB or CSTE Advanced Certification preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.