Title: C++ Systems Engineer (R&D Team)
Client Location: Remote within the US. Some international and domestic travel (up to 15%) is possible once regular business travel resumes.
Duration: 12 Month Contract
This position is only available to candidates who can work under a w2 and who do not require current or future visa sponsorship.
The Ascent Services Group is seeking a Principal Wireless Engineer to join one of our enterprise clients with a Wireless R&D Standards organization who are tasked with creating and standardizing new wireless radio and core network technologies (e.g. 5G NR unlicensed).
Aside from theoretical analysis, our team provides rigorous proof via complex link- and system- level simulation in support of our stated goals. The input from these simulations are used for various purposes such as submission to global standards fora for evidentiary inclusion, substantiating the client’s stance towards FCC on certain regulatory proceeding, supporting our wireless network planning and deployment team responsible for running our commercial services etc.
Overview of expected skills:
As a highly-valued member of the team, you will be expected to have:
- Extensive experience with ns-3 system-level simulations
- Familiarity with PHY/MAC of cellular wireless systems
- System-level analysis of multiuser wireless network performance through ns-3 computer simulations.
- Design, conduct, and extract performance statistics of end-to-end system simulations spanning IP to PHY layers together with incorporation of 3GPP channel models.
- Absorb and implement technical concepts from a wide array of sources including conference papers, design document, and standards specifications.
- Create technical contributions to standards bodies such as 3GPP and O-RAN.
- Contribute to invention disclosures and innovation in the area of 5G/6G wireless technology.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical / Communication Engineering or in Computer Science, Ph.D. Degree preferred.
- At least 5+ years of related work or research experience in wireless technology.
- Hands-on experience with ns-3 discrete-event network simulations in ns-3.30 or later.
- Prior experience with ns-3 modules such as LENA, 5G LENA, NR and/or NR-U, NYU mmWave.
- Excellent programming language knowledge in C++
Desirable to have:
- Strong understanding of physical-layer signal processing, MIMO-OFDM waveform aspects, channel estimation, HARQ, link adaptation, beamforming, multiuser scheduling, and interference mitigation techniques.
- Record of peer-reviewed publications and patents in above areas.
- Familiarity with the physical layer of 3GPP NR and LTE, including 36.2xx and 38.2xx specifications.
- Experience in millimeter-wave channel modeling.
- Experience as a delegate or back-office support in 3GPP RAN1.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Python, along with version control tools such as Git.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in distributed/remote teams.
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!