Our Fortune 100, Agriculture client has an exciting opportunity in their Information Technology group. We are looking for an additional Privacy Analyst to support and grow Privacy Operations and Compliance for the organization.This position will report to the Data Protection Manager and will be responsible for administering cross functional efforts to discover, build, execute and refine technical controls, assessments and technology as it relates to Privacy. The successful candidate will possess the ability to function independently, apply professional judgement, interface with all levels of stakeholders, communicate complex matters clearly and succinctly. This talent should be a go-getter with strong collaboration and analytical skills bridging IT concepts to business processes and identify cost-effective solutions.
This position will:
- Conduct ongoing pre-assessments and risk assessments to ensure compliancy
- Oversee adherence to technical controls, policies, standards, procedures, including employee training
- Assist privacy program governance and oversight of information security program maturity disciplines to the information risk management program including the development and implementation of an IT risk assessment process and oversight/coordination of industry assessments
- Deliver on privacy and security project initiatives to further mature our Privacy and Cyber Security program Execute transformational activities related to privacy security awareness, compliance, vendor risk management, incident management and security technology implementations to support risk reduction initiatives
- Collaborate with staff in other information security, IT department, legal and business teams to ensure the company is incorporating privacy into operations with integrity, inclusion, safety and the cooperative spirit in mind.
- Serve as a trusted privacy advisor to business staff regarding a privacy sensitive approach to collection, use, handling and security of personal information and compliance with applicable laws and regulations while meeting business objectives
- Utilize his/her own knowledge/experience and problem-solving skills to creatively resolve complex issues, choose the best course of action and prioritize key issues, goals and work plans to various leaders and business line
- Support Data Protection Committee meetings in partnership with the Data Protection and CISO. Coordinate and address implementation and governance work efforts associated to GDPR, other privacy regulations and privacy compliancy programs
- Champion new process or technology implementations to drive further automation and efficiencies
- Design and implement processes that embody Privacy by Design principles into new and existing business processes, information uses and systems
- Fosters a culture of exemplary leadership, prioritization, delivery and collaboration.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- 1 + plus years of Data Privacy experience (GDPR or other data privacy work)
- 3+ years of experience working with IT and the Business to reach goals
- Working knowledge of the technical controls and policies used to meet the compliance requirements and testing procedures
- Knowledge of industry trends, direction and best practices in domain areas of responsibility
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor's degree (additional years of related experience may offset degree)
- Professional certifications such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E or others
- Experience with Auditors
- Training end users experience
- Experience with convenience store/gas retail environments
- Project management background and experience with an emphasis on information security and compliance
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.