Position: Location: Duration: Start Date: Job Description/Objective: Minimum Qualifications: Additional Skills/Preferences: Responsibilities:
The Automation Engineer is primary responsible for the process improvement, complex troubleshooting, development of PLC/HMI codes, reliable operation of the existing automation systems and the management of automation projects for the New Jersey Facilities. You will lead project activities, influence project team members and work with cross function team for successful implementation of process automation projects. You will be driving appropriate GMP change control preparing/adhering project schedules and budgets, programming process control systems. You will be providing technical support for daily biologics manufacturing operations and for the specification, installation, start-up and qualification support of process equipment projects.
• BS/MS in Engineering (Typically Chemical Engineering, Electrical, Computer Engineering)
• Minimum 4 years of Programming Experience with Rockwell Automation PLC and/or HMI
• Minimum 2 years with biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with Batch Process Control S88 standard
• Experience with complex troubleshooting & process optimization in pharma industry
• Technical knowledge & experience with biopharmaceutical process systems (bioreactors, centrifuge, media/buffer prep, CIP/SIP, glasswashers
• Experience in data analytics & manufacturing process modeling
• Provides technical mentoring and oversight to less experienced engineers responding to and troubleshooting process equipment related issues. Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise within discipline and recognized in a function or geographic region.
• Be a Subject Matter Expert for Rockwell Automation's PLCs and HMIs codes.
• Leadership of multiple projects and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Think outside box to Evaluate and implement continuous improvements for process and equipment
• SME in data monitoring and analysis for continuous process improvements and troubleshooting complex issues.
• Utilize Six Sigma tools to lead complex process automation investigation.
• Consultation and collaboration with SME in Manufacturing, Maintenance, Process Engineers, Plant Engineering, Validation and Quality.
• Author, review, and approve change controls, deviation investigations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), Functional Specification, drawings, schematics, work orders, etc.
• Manage the design process to ensure project meets established user requirements, capital project estimates and schedules.
• Influence functional groups regarding operability, technical feasibility, engineering design, maintenance, spare parts, installation/shut-down coordination, project schedule and validation/documentation requirements
• Work with professional consultants and mechanical contractors to develop design and construction drawings/specifications and to implement and test the changes
• Lead installation, start-up, commissioning and qualification activities
• On call after hours and weekend support to the Maintenance/Manufacturing to ensure continuous manufacturing operation.
Position:Process Automation Engineer
Location:Branchburg Park, NJ
Start Date:ASAP (onboarding takes about 2 weeks)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.