Title : Process Engineer (Chemical Design Engineer)
Duration : 6+ Months
Location : Kingsport, TN
- Process Chemical Engineer who is responsible for lifecycle of a chemical plant project including Scope of Work development, estimating, detailed design, construction field support, and commissioning
- Performs one or more of the following process engineering functions:
- Estimate process equipment, instrumentation, and engineering hours for DCAA auditable pricing proposals.
- Be an active member of a project team and effectively communicate and interface with various engineering disciplines.
- Develop scope of work for capital projects. o Develop Process Flow Diagrams and Heat & Material Balances for new processes.
- Develop new and revise existing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Develop new and revise existing Interlock Narratives.
- Identify / Calculate Process Data for new instrumentation and equipment.
- Participate in Hazard Analyses.
- Conduct various calculations for process design (i.e. relief, pump sizing, and heat transfer)
- Provide field support for construction phase of projects.
- Provide field support for I/O and interlock checkout.
- Troubleshoot process, instrumentation, and equipment problems.
- Provide field support for startup commissioning activities
- Walk down and redline 'as-built” all process documents after project has been completed.