Our client is expanding their plant in CT and needs a Senior Process Engineer. The Process Engineer is responsible for managing the reactor processes to assure all environmental, health, safety and quality requirements are maintained along with achieving production goals. The Process Engineer will oversee all maintenance and project needs to assure equipment reliability and systems are performing optimally. Also, conversion of any product and R&D recipes into operational procedures/batch cards to assure proper production is essential.
The Process Engineer will work closely with the Project Engineering group to identify, develop, and install new equipment (reactors and support systems). The Process Engineer will assure all new equipment has been certified, signed off, and proper training provided before putting into service
● Develop reactor process conditions and SOPs.
● Improve plant and quality metrics (reactor utilization, cycle time reduction, batch yields etc.)
● Provide process and project support to the Operations team as needed on a 24/7 basis.
● Troubleshoot and resolve process and quality issues.
● Participate in the company Safety Committee.
● Support the PSM/RMP program and assure compliance.
● Oversee proper operation of air and wastewater treatment facilities (scrubber, neutralizer, wastewater filtration systems) including troubleshooting problems to maintain compliance
● Manage the process control system for the effective and safe operation of the reactor trains
● Interface closely with the project engineering team for engineering calculations, equipment specifications/selection, equipment installation and start-up (i.e. Reactor 4 design/build)
● Train employees in all the SOPs related to the manufacturing of emulsion polymers
● Provide the process input and support to the technical team for new product development, product scale-ups, raw material testing/replacement, and product efficiency improvements.
● Oversee all maintenance activities on the reactor trains to assure proper completion, equipment readiness, and management sign-off under the PSM process.
● Establish scheduled PM cycles of equipment. Maintain active maintenance work order and preventive maintenance lists while supporting annual efficiency, quality, and safety goals
● Provide engineering skills as needed including developing capital budgets and timelines, sizing equipment, preparing P and ID’s and flow diagrams and doing capacity studies.
● Maintains Equipment P&ID for all primary equipment.
● Provide technical support, finding new vendors, purchasing and approving raw materials
● Actively support the PSM/RMP program and assures compliance
● Assure changes to process controls are approved, documented, and all personnel trained.
● Provide input to Preventive Maintenance program, scheduled PM’s and evaluates maintenance work orders for repeat or trending items related to the safe performance of plant equipment.
● Contribute to the plant wide housekeeping efforts, standards and regular inspection.
● Maintains necessary records for product control, certification, and audits.
● Support regulatory and customer audits.