LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Provide process engineering technical expertise for production support, project design reviews, economic evaluations, and coordination of projects to achieve the production and operational objectives of the plant. Monitor current production units as assigned and recommend process and equipment changes to optimize process safety, quality, capacity,energy and reliability of the plant.Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for technical operation support. Strong experience in troubleshooting process problems and a demonstrated ability to get problems solved.
- Develop gap analysis and justification for potential projects/programs which contribute to the profitability, reliability, and environmental and safety integrity of the plant. Accountable for analyzing Operational Excellence KPI's and recommending step change improvement activities
- Evaluate existing processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and improve product or safety conditions.
- Implement programs/projects as approved. Provide unit support in all aspects of PSM including PSSR, training, technical basis for SOP development, Incident Investigation, Risk Assessment and Management of Change assignments.
- Provide technical expertise to plant project scope development and justification to initiate an Approval for Funding (AFF) request.
- Develop plant process design specifications (PDS) for estimation and execution by the project engineers. The process engineer role will be responsible for the design basis, MOC, and technical training documents of improvement projects in all aspects of Operational Excellence.
- Unit engineering resource as required for investigations, deviations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Effectively communicate reports to the site management and business either verbally or written.
- Assist the Technical Manager in developing the annual capital and expense project priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to work in team environment as well as independently.
- Contribute to the plant a high level of safety and environmental awareness and reporting.
- Understand when to engage external resources such as vendors, contractors and corporate engineering.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years experience in process or production engineering with specialized knowledge in petrochemical operating processes.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles