Opto Diode Corporation based in Camarillo, California, an ITW company has a long history of delivering industry-leading sensors, photodiodes, detectors, and LEDs. Available in standard and custom designs, Opto Diode products have supported the photonics industry for over 30 years and earned a reputation for high performance, superior quality and reliability.
ITW, a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. The company has prospered for over 100 years, changing the way people live and work all over the world. Each of ITW’s businesses has an independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate. It is the highly talented people at ITW who drive success through new products and customer driven solutions.
To learn more about Opto Diode and what we do, please visit our website at: https://optodiode.com and our corporate website at: https://itw.com/Job description
A Process Engineer will be responsible for the optimization of semiconductor processes and their associated equipment with the goal of improving operational efficiency, yield and quality. Should be adept in semiconductor microfabrication processes such as diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography, PE/LPCVD, wet etching, reactive ion etching (RIE), and metallization.
In this role, one will have ownership of all processes as well as tools. This will include working with the equipment maintenance in trouble-shooting, purchasing/installing new equipment, maintaining all instruments to be operational and preparing for emergency operations. The individual will interact with the R&D and Engineering to implement new wafer fab processes in house and/or through outside facilities. This roles requires proficiency in designing and executing DOEs, SPC and root cause analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of microfabrication including silicon and III-V photo-detectors, MOSFETs, II-VI polycrystalline materials and other novel nanotechnology based device processing and manufacturing technologies.
- Experience in handling of operations data such as wafer fab production yield, scrap rate, cost evaluation. Ability to work with ODC’s equipment suppliers to support equipment requirements and meet performance standards for current and future products.
- Responsible for process flow optimization, measurements, SPC data analysis, process development to enhance the yields and quality of the products.
- Collaboration with R&D and engineering to solve process integration issues, designing masks, establishing process capability and tolerance limits to improve the device performance.
- Hands on experience in dealing with silicon wafer handling issues in order to minimize cross contamination issues when preforming cleaning/etching/deposition/transferring steps.
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently as well as in a team; ability to present to management - work progress and DOE results; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competency in handling a situation when an instrument is malfunctioning or in need of a fix/replacement. Competency in making critical decisions to support the production line.
- Support the effective transfer of improved process development results to manufacturing team, focusing on data analysis and the creation/review of standard procedures.
- Support project documentation with preparation of written reports, presentations and creation/submission of necessary documentation.
- Ability to think critically and correct the weak areas of wafer fab processes, and prepare preventive and corrective actions to avoid potential device failure modes.
- Over five (5) years of work experience in a silicon or related manufacturing or development environment with experience in photolithography, wet/dry etching, oxidation, doping, ion implantation, CVD, PVD, chemical bath deposition etc. and developing novel wafer fab processes.
- Adept in operating and handling metrology tools such as I-V and C-V probe stations, 4-point probe, ellipsometer, profilometer, automation of the equipment.
- Versatile in using technical software tools (Auto-Cad, Solidworks) as well as Excel, Matlab, Minitab or JMP.
- Prior experience with semiconductor TCAD simulation tools such as SILVACO, Sentaurus or similar is a plus.
- Travel required to visit other facilities such as university labs to develop new semiconductor processes and support existing processes as needed.
- Must be able to work in an ITAR facility.