Title: Process Simulation Engineer
Location: Southfield, MI
Job Type: 6+ Months Contract
Education: Master or Bachelor’s degree in automation, engineering or business
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in automation industry or automotive company
• Process Simulation Engineer Play a vital role in complex engineering projects, with a supporitng back ground of managment. To help manage a design team of Project / Simulation engineers with specific skills within the Engineering department, to meet functional objectives as well as corporate objectives.
• Process Simulation Engineering Manager is not directly affiliated with project teams, other than ensuring that goals and objectives align with the organizations overall strategy and vision.
• As a Process Simulation Engineer would play a vital role in complex engineering projects core responsibility for:
• Process Engineering
• Simulation Engineering
• Use of technical expertise and knowledge of computer simulation technologies:
• To develop automation concepts for manufacturing systems
• To test the performance, durability, safety and functionality of engineering solutions in a virtual environment.
• Configure Robot Controller Simulation (RCS) in the simulation software
• Develop off-line complete robot programs with multiple robot brands (Comau, Kuka, ABB, Fanuc…).
• Verify the feasibility of solutions and processes. Find and solve issues before the manufacturing phase.
• Validate the cycle time of each station/line. Optimize robot programs and find solutions in case of cycle time issues.
Knowledge & Skills
• Experience in at least one of the major 2D Cad tool (Autocad, others…)
• Experience in at least one of the major 3D Modeling tool (CATIA, NX, Solidworks, others…) and the ability to quickly self-learn any of the remaining
• Experience in at least one of the major 3D Simulation tool (Delmia, Robcad, Process Simulate, NX, others…) and the ability to quickly self-learn any of the remaining.
Proficient with at least one of major product/brand (Comau, ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, Motoman, Kawasaki, other…).
• Feasibility study
• Line Layout planning
• Process engineering and Cycle time
• Exposure to Robotics Automation, Automotive Industry, General Industry
• Basics of Robot application
• Safety standards
• Good understanding of IO, transfer of information between Robot and PLC
• 3D Model experience
• Mechanical understanding of industrial equipment and machinery
• Demonstrated ability to solve engineering problems
• Good understanding of robot program flow and basic programming theories and languages
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tool (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, …) or equivalent tool for word processing, calculation, presentation
• May be required to retrieve backups from production robots and extract relevant information or upload programs to simulation tools with minimal support. Required to develop OLP programs from simulations and ensure that they work in actual robots with minimal support.
• Hands on experience processing for at least one of the Automation technology process
(Spot Welding, Arc Welding, Sealer/Dispense, Riveting, Palletization, Robotic Material, Handling, Paint, …)
• Ability to create well-written, concise technical reports discussing project results as well as create professional documents/videos from simulations that illustrate concepts.