LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LyondellBasell's Global Procurement function facilitates supply solutions globally for the company. We manage supplier relationships to provide value to our internal customers in the acquisition of materials, services and integrated business solutions.
This position will manage a team of up to 20 transactional buyers and expeditors supporting entire North America Operations. This position will be primarily located at Houston downtown area. However, 30% travel to manufacturing sites will be required for face to face meeting with stake holders, rest of Procurement team located at various manufacturing sites as well as central Category Team located at LYB Tower.
The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
- Manages, coaches and develops Procurement Service Center team located at the PSC in Houston
- Serves as a single focal point for all PSC related issues and acts as an escalation point for Manufacturing and Operations in relation to transactional activity within NA Region
- Develops strong working relationship with manufacturing to ensure the highest transactional service level provided to end users by all team members of the PSC
- Collaborates with peers to drive continuous improvement and alignment to ultimate company strategy and goals
- Supports development and implementation of Procurement Strategies.
- Ensures that spend not covered by strategy is well managed, via market analysis, RFP/RFQ, supplier negotiation and other activities.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of purchase-to-pay and strategic sourcing processes, procedures, and systems in full compliance with internal control requirements.
- Understands GoalZero principals, educates the team and implements those principals in everyday life.
- Ensures high ethical standards are met by self and the organization within area of responsibility.
- Does work in compliance with all LYB policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages and develops PSC team to become 'best in class' to provide timely acquisition of technical services and materials at lowest total cost of ownership within specified time frame.
- Coaches, develops, and motivates employees through formal and informal processes including dialogs, skill gap analysis, and training.
- Supervises and develops PSC Buyers to meet efficiency and KPI targets.
- Understand Operations / Manufacturing needs and ensures that goals are aligned with company goals, business drivers, and functional goals.
- Implements and maintains metrics that clearly indicate the performance level of departmental and supplier effectiveness.
- Maintains focus on value added activities and is able to identify and implement alternative, innovative, and creative solutions to drive best in class transactional efficiency
- Understands and train team on existing procurement automation technologies and have a vision on further improvement via digitalization strategy
- Develops strong working relationship with Category team; approaches the sourcing strategy methodology according to guidelines
- Acts as a champion of change with internal customers and direct reports
- Can manage multiple work streams with moderate risk and complexity
- When required, develops the strategy for projects and can effectively lead cross-functional teams including Account Payable and Finance departments
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business with a focus in Supply Chain or Procurement. Master's degree preferred.
- Prior experience as a manager, leading a team of direct reports is required.10+ years related experience required.
- 3+ years of chemical or Oil & Gas related industry experience required.
- Knowledge related to purchasing and services/materials management is required.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing environment, in Technical or Business-related positions preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply the concepts of general business systems, personnel management, team dynamics, purchasing management, concepts of strategic planning and sourcing, performance measurements, and management through systems at local teams and sites.
- At the site and regional level, possesses an advanced understanding of markets and business practices at site level.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston