We're looking for a qualified Product Development Engineer to join our team in our Beaverton, OR facility. This role will be responsible for planing process flow, evaluates process capability, modifies tooling, builds tooling, and designs tooling. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total projects. Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, as well as conduct failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials. Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures while using judgment when making minor adaptations and modifications.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data.
- Recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Motivated to contribute in designing, developing, and sustaining medical power solutions products working within an ISO 13485/GMP compliant environment.
- Ability to utilize root cause analysis techniques for complex electrical and mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Experience with the mechanical design of complex parts and assemblies; applying principles of mechanics, materials, and electronics packaging.
- Experience in design, design for assembly and manufacturability, and production of machined, cast, and formed sheet metal parts, and injection molded plastics.
- Experience with mechanical assembly techniques.
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred), including drafting to ASME Y14.5-2009 and GD&T standards.
- Experience with PDM systems, specifically SolidWorks PDM, is desirable.
- Experience with modeling tools (e.g. FEA, CFD) is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum Experience: 0-2 years of experience. Internship experience preferred