We have an immediate requirement for a Product Engineer Body with our client in Dearborn, MI.
- The position includes responsibility for various Seat Features. More specifically, the assignments are to:
- ensure that seat features meet customer expectations and enable delivery of high value customer experiences,
- Mine customer data (satisfaction, TGWs, warranty, etc.) and reduce to meaningful / actionable next steps,
- Interact with large, global cross functional team (Design Studio, Vehicle Engineering, A & U, Seat D & R, suppliers, test facilities, etc.) to develop solutions and drive resolution to program seat issues, while meeting all program milestones and deliverables,
- Develop new concepts (innovate)
- Document lesson learned, improve processes and revise requirements (and other foundation and interface documents) as needed
- Launch products (including supporting run at rates, PPAP data review, PV testing, on-site manufacturing reviews, on-time for each build event
- Attend and support key program meetings; presenting status as needed.
- Passion for the customer, continuous improvement mindset, orientation toward innovation, ability to handle multiple tasks and understand priority, and good communication / presentation skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (EXCEL and PowerPoint) Tolerance stack ups / DPA checks, section analysis, and material compatibility. Experience with statistics (Minitab), CAD (TCe, Digital Buck, CATIA), and CAE Background in design thinking.
- Experience with seat control modules, heater mat circuitry (design and functionality), DET tool, seat switches (digital / resistive), electrical motors/actuators Understanding of vehicle communication network (LIN / CAN) Familiarity with VSEM (and releasing of DT's in VSEM), Client's electrical requirements, different types of automotive electrical connectors, components like FETs, capacitors, diodes, transistors, etc. and how they impact a circuit (voltage, inrush current, etc.), modules (such as the DSM) and how they communicate to other modules and microcontrollers (e.g. sleep/wake, memory recall, response time, etc.), ISO 26262
- Minimum bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline (electrical preferred).
- Master degree in an Engineering discipline (electrical preferred).
https://www.v2soft.com/careers - to view all of our open opportunities and to learn more about our benefits.