We have an immediate requirement for a Product Engineer Chassis with our client in Dearborn, MI.
- Multiple Suspension Engineering positions available spanning the design requirement/strategy phase (Foundation) thru the production component release functions (D&R).
- Foundation positions are responsible to develop suspension component strategies, requirements and analytical tools through acquired knowledge and benchmarking of suspension systems & components.
- The primary objective of the Foundation position is to develop tools and strategies that competitively balance cost, weight and functional requirements while improving overall durability/robustness, promoting efficient industrialization and supporting the D&R process.
- D&R positions are responsible for the component development process from the program start through production launch including sourcing, design, validation testing, program management and manufacturing readiness.
- Working with Foundation Engineering, D&R positions will establish system and component functional targets and specifications, manage suppliers to design, test and validate chassis systems and components, analyze and resolve issues, and apply computer aided engineering (CAE) tools to deliver optimized designs for cost, weight and function.
- Use of DOE, joint design, FMEA, Parameter Design, Design Verification and Production Validation engineering processes. Interface with suppliers to industrialize and launch components.
- Manage/control engineering documents and release designs for manufacturing globally.
- Knowledge of engineering tools & processes incl. DVP, GD&T and CAD - Project management - Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Finite Element Analysis, ADAMS, FMEA Process discipline and quality document experience - Ability to understand and manage complex systems
- Interest in automotive engineering - Motivated self-starter, ability to manage/prioritize multiple assignments
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering
- Knowledge of one or more of the following stampings, castings, forgings, welded components, shocks, stabilizer bars and/or other components
- CAD CATIA training/experience
- Experience with design for manufacturing
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Equivalent Engineering
https://www.v2soft.com/careers - to view all of our open opportunities and to learn more about our benefits.