We have an immediate requirement for a Product Engineer Powertrain with our client in Livonia, MI.
- Lead new/forward model product development of Driveline Systems, electro-mechanical axle and transfercase subsystem integration and electrical/power distribution and management on Truck platforms.
- Daily activities will include: Support engineering design and development of driveline and 4x4 systems.
- Interface with Driveline Systems, Program Control, Core Component Engineering, Purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing/assembly plants
- Develop and maintain quality & engineering documents (DFMEA, boundary and interface diagram, DVP&R, etc.)
- Lead/Support resolution of major design, manufacturing, program, and field issues as they arise
- Work directly with suppliers, Supplier Technical Assistance (STA), and launch teams to support programs and resolve quality issues
- Lead/Support systems approach, considering interactions and optimizing trade-offs between transmission, driveline, chassis, controls, and other vehicle interfaces
- Review/coordinate working with electrical engineering teams the electrical current budget, voltage drop, power management, and operational sequence of our electro-mechanical subsystems to ensure they meet functional and performance attributes.
- Conduct functional safety reviews, working with the core functional safety team to ensure ISO 26262 compliance
- Powertrain/driveline/AWD systems experience preferred.
- Strong desire to work in mechanical and electro-mechanical systems/subsystems. Working knowledge of engineering failure mode analysis and prevention desired; DFMEA, P-diagram, boundary & interface diagram, etc.
- Working knowledge of engineering analysis and analytical tools preferred, CAE tools, etc. Working knowledge of systems engineering desired.
- Experience in design and release/systems integration of automotive or related components/subsystems desired.
- Driveline systems/integration experience a plus. Functional Safety/ISO 26262 training and experience desired.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree required; MSME/EE preferred. 6sigma training a plus
https://www.v2soft.com/careers - to view all of our open opportunities and to learn more about our benefits.