Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
• The product engineer will provide all design, concept, and production deliverables for assemblies and components of all assigned products.
• The scope of job includes integration of system components, creating concept proposals, CAD design (Catia) considering package and tooling requirements, interface to internal teams, suppliers and customers, support purchasing , sales, testing, and production teams as needed.
Key Must Have’s:
• Provide concept design and drawings
• Organize and support design reviews
• Create Design Bill of Material
• Create and track Engineer Change Orders
• Track and document math data transfers
• Apply GD&T to designs
• Apply Design for manufacturing
• Keep up with all pertinent training. Update as needed/or required by technology changes and maintain necessary skill level
• Cross train in different graphics systems
• Obtain and understand the voice of each customer for Product Strategy and Customer Strategy
• Ensure the robust application of bookshelf solutions in line with the different product strategies
• Incorporate Engineering and Manufacturing criteria in concepts
• Create new product ideas and concepts that define visual brand character
• Communicate with customers, suppliers, multiple channels; conference calls, face-to-face meetings; web conferencing, etc.