The Product Line Manager plans, organizes, and controls assigned product lines throughout product life-cycles to optimize profitability, and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the duties outlined below. The impact of this position can be measured in part by the following metrics for assigned product lines: sales growth, generation of new product categories, gross margin performance, and customer satisfaction levels. This position has a significant impact on the success critical product lines, and on overall company profitability.
This position will be joining the Kollmorgen team in Radford, VA. Kollmorgen is an Altra Motion (AIMC) company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide product line management and marketing leadership to win and grow profitably.
- Develop and implement strategic, product, and commercial plans.
- Identify, define, and manage new product development/product rationalization programs.
- Achieve revenue, market share, and gross margin goals through voice-of-the-customer (VOC) based business assessment, product roadmaps and product lifecycle management.
- Drive new product development, value engineering, cost reduction, supplier rationalization, quality improvement, lead time improvement and new business proposals.
- Balance long-term projects, monthly performance key performance indicator improvement and immediate new business opportunity assessment and quotation.
- Internally champion the overall business strategy, the Altra Business System and compliance with the Altra Standards of Conduct.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product, including competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Maintains internal and external communications/contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Negotiates quotations, sales strategy, contracts, and terms and conditions in conjunction with Sales, Account Mangers, and L1 Staff.
- Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks to completion.
- Proactive identification and improvement of work processes.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Financial analysis skills (budget, P&L, margin and ROI analysis, etc.)
- Must be proficient in working with computer applications including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Excel (power user, including ability to write complex conditional- and unconditional formulas, what-if scenarios, regression analyses.)
- Leadership to drive the organization to monthly key performance indicator improvement for motors
- Change management - willing to make hard fact-based decisions, comfortable with an unstructured/changing environment
- Hands-on customer interaction that allows the individual to understand true customer needs
- Must be technically proficient to troubleshoot issues relating to product development and customer applications.
- Working knowledge of product management
- Data driven, analytical with a sense of urgency and a non-political and team-oriented style.
- Exceptional communications skills (persuasive and influential)
- Able to provide straightforward and intelligible communication related to complex and detailed topics
- Must be equally at ease when interfacing with senior management, functional professionals and manufacturing associates, and customers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years in the motion industry is preferred. Strong preference given to industrial servo and/or stepper motion experience in sales, marketing or engineering capacity.
- Working knowledge of project management techniques is required.
- Commercial experience in technical industries is required.
- Global experience is a plus.
- Experience with lean manufacturing concepts and practices, process improvement, and new product introduction is preferred.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.