Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary products to broaden company's product line.
- Establishes dealer networks and creates and manages alliances with manufacturers.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Negotiates contract and terms and conditions with General Manager and corporate staff.
- Other Duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
B.S. or B.A. (Bachelor’s Degree) or equivalent from a four-year accredited college or university in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology) or other technical or business discipline; five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – The ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, drawings and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publications that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise levels in the work environment it usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.